- Technology Fee: $365.00 per academic year
- Each cadet will be issued a school owned laptop
- School owned laptops will come pre-configured with the following:
- Windows 7 Professional
- Office 2010
- Pre-installed eBooks & Learning Software
- Pre-installed Skype, iTunes & other approved applications
- Limited administrative rights for cadets. This ensures that the computer is operational for optimal academic use at all times.
- Laptop Specifications (Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E430)
- 14” Screen
- Intel Core i3 2350M 2.3ghz
- 4GB Ram
- 500GB Hard Drive
- Other: Webcam, Wireless N, Bluetooth 4, 1 MP Webcam
- All included hardware and software issues are covered FREE of charge
- Intentional or repeated damage to a computer may result in additional charges.
- This is new program information. options for returing cadets can be found on your Grades Online page.
To help seniors with their transition to college, those in the class of 2013 who join this new program will have the option of purchasing the computers for a fee at the end of the year. The fee will be determined by registration.
Due to issues with NetNanny and our systems and program, we regret to inform parents that we will no longer be able to offer this service. We hope to offer custom reports and blocking to parents with our internal firewall, and will send more information out as soon as we have this set up.
Pornography, personals and dating, adult/mature content, Usenet news groups, illegal /questionable skills, gambling , illegal downloading software(P2P), pay to surf sites, Internet Watch Foundation CAIC, hacking/proxy avoidance systems, malware.
Social Networking (Facebook, Google+ etc.), VOIP (Skype, MSN Messenger, etc.) IM Applications (Chat/Instant Messaging, Yahoo Messenger etc.), Games & Gaming Applications, Shopping / Internet Auctions (Amazon, Ebay etc.)
General leave hours:
Wednesday 3:30-7:00 p.m.
Friday 6:00 p.m.-Sunday 5:00 p.m.
Subject to change by the Commandant.
The One-to-One Netbook Program was piloted in the 2010-2011 School year and expanded into grades 6-9 for the 2011-2012 school year. MMA is further expanding the program for the 2012-2013 year based on feedback from cadets, faculty & parents. Options for previous participants are also available. Information can be found on the Grades Online
page (near the bottom).
The One-to-One Computer Program at Missouri Military Academy is undergoing exciting and substantial changes for the 2012-2013 school year. Our goal with the One-to-One program is to provide the technology for cadets to reach their full potential, and for the technology to be an integral part of their learning structure without causing distractions. A certain level of hardware and software consistency is necessary to ensure the success of this program. Below you will find the details of the revised One-to-One program details:*