In regards to football equipment MMA will supply the following:
- Shoulder Pads
- All practice and game uniforms
We ask that you provide your sons with the following:
- Current physical for 2013-2014 school year. You are NOT allowed to participate in any sport at MMA until this is on file in the MMA Cadet Clinic.
- Cleats (we have some available, but no guaranteed sizes)
- Running shoes
- MMA Summer athletics uniform (available from the Quartermaster)
- 6+ pairs socks and underwear
- 5 pocket girdle (This is their own personal "football underwear," and due to health concerns we have determined that it is necessary for the boys to bring their own. Anything similar to this would be acceptable: http://www.sportsdepot.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=7555 We prefer that the girdle have the pads already sewn in).
- Ankle braces. This is not mandatory, but strongly suggested that they bring one pair of their own. Some players just prefer to wear them and we will not provide them. Taping will be available only to those based on necessity by our athletic trainer.
- $150.00 in spending money. We will charge nothing for the camp, lodging or meals. However, we do ask that your son's bring enough to cover the extra activities we will be participating in (paintball, movie night, pizza/trivia night and ziplining). The funds will be stored through our main office and bank line will be available before each event.
- We will be providing shuttles to local churches on Sunday mornings during the camp so please let Coach Wilson know which religion or denomination you prefer. We will then make every effort to ensure travel arrangments can be made locally to support your wishes.
Lastly, football camp is part of building a successful team. The teaching, conditioning and chemistry developed are crucial in providing a base for the season.
All players must have the required number of practices as determined by the Missouri State High School Athletics Association to be eligible to play in games. Attending camp will provide this.
Any questions please do not hesitate to contact me. Enjoy the rest of your summer!